Anderton Primary School actively promotes the social, moral, spiritual and cultural development of all our children. 12 school values are celebrated in turn every half term. These school values are promoted and embedded in the curriculum alongside British Values and further promoted in daily Acts of Worship.
Each week, children who have demonstrated the current half term’s value particularly well are recognised with the “Values Inspired Person” award (VIP Award) in Friday’s celebration assembly. Parents whose children have been given awards are notified a week in advance, enabling them to attend the assembly and share in their child’s success.
Values for 2018/2019
Autumn 1 – Safety
Autumn 2 – Courage
Spring 1 – Trust
Spring 2 – Love
Summer 1 – Tolerance
Summer 2 – Empathy
Aims and Philosophy
“A Good Start For A Better Future”
Our aims are:
- To aim high in all areas of school life
- To provide a curriculum which inspires a love of learning
- To treat ourselves and others with kindness and respect
- To celebrate the individual
- To challenge and encourage independent thinking
- To have a strong relationship between home, school and the wider community.
We aim to provide an ethos in school where everyone feels safe both physically and emotionally. All children have the right to be protected and are made aware of the need to be safe in the use of all technologies particularly with regard to social media. Children are made aware of safe internet practice through assemblies, computing lessons and PSHE. All lessons are age appropriate.